Kauai Snorkel Tours with Capt Andy's: An Unforgettable Na Pali Snorkeling Adventure
"Fantastic NaPali coast outing! Highlight of our trip to Kauai Super professional staff, everything in order, clean and tidy! Great fun! Cannot wait to do again with family. Captain...and Crew were so kind and considerate looking after all of us. They were just wonderful with the kids on board. Great breakfast and lunch. Got to see the humpbacks, a dolphin pod, and snorkel with turtles! ...Don't miss it, well worth every cent!"
Kauai offers the oldest and most protected reef ecosystems of all the major Hawaiian Islands. Hundreds of species of fish can be found in these delicate "rain forests of the sea," one-third of which are found nowhere else in the world. Weather permitting, our Captains will take you down Na Pali Coast which offers some of the best snorkeling on the island and is accessible only by boat. Schools of vibrantly colored tropical fish mingle with the ancient Honu (Hawaiian green sea turtle) that graze on the limu (algae) growing on the coral reefs of these waters.
All Capt Andy's Kauai Snorkel Tours Include
- Expert snorkel instructions for all levels including beginners.
- Trained crew of professionals certified in CPR.
- High quality, well maintained, snorkel gear.
- Lunch and drinks
Are you a 1st time snorkeler? Capt. Andy's is famous for our friendly and safe instructions. Snorkeling is not complicated. We'll have you exploring Kauai's tropical reefs in no time.
For those less confident swimmers, we provide snorkel vests which assist with floatation.
Capt Andy's carries only the finest and most comfortable snorkel gear for your underwater adventures.
- Soft silicone masks (corrective lenses too!)
- "Dry" easy purge snorkels.
- Comfortable fins in all sizes.
- Snorkel vests - for buoyancy.
- Non-fog spray
Kauai Snorkel Tips
Always Use Property Fitting Snorkel Gear
Proper fitting gear is one of the most important factors for an enjoyable snorkeling experience. One leaky mask or sore feet from tight fins can be frustrating. Our knowledgeable crew is here to help. We will fit you with proper size gear to ensure comfort and safety.
Use a Mask with Corrective Lenses
What good is snorkeling if you can't see the fish? Our soft silicone masks with corrective lenses are a perfect fit for people who wear glasses.
If you are snorkeling without a tour, always check current ocean conditions before going out. Be informed of these important ocean safety tips:
- When in doubt, don’t go out.
- Always snorkel with a buddy.
- Use a point of reference on shore and check periodically to make sure you have not drifted too far.
- For beginners, going with an experienced snorkerler is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Snorkel?
Just about anyone can snorkel, as technique is more important than your fitness level. The fundamentals are easy to learn. Basic swimming skills are required, but snorkel vests can be used to assist in floatation. Depending on how adventurous you are, different levels of physical ability are required. If you have any doubts, consult your physician regarding any conditions that might be limiting for this activity.
What Do I Need To Bring?
You will need a swimsuit. The waters of Hawaii are warm, so a wetsuit is not required. Sun protection such as waterproof sunscreen or a shirt are also necessary as the sun’s rays are more intense when they reflect off of the water. If you are on one of our tours, that's all you will need. If you are snorkeling on your own you will need snorkeling gear, including a mask, snorkel and fins. Comfortable, well fitting equipment is very important. Proper use is key to fully enjoying your snorkeling experience.
Are there Safety Concerns?
If you are snorkeling with Capt. Andy's our Captains will ensure you snorkel in safe conditions, and trained professionals certified in CPR are onboard our boats.
Best Places to Snorkel on Kauai
Kauai is an excellent destination for snorkeling, with many beautiful beaches and reefs to explore. Here are some of the best places to snorkel on Kauai:
- Tunnels Beach: Located on the North Shore, Tunnels Beach is one of the best places to snorkel on Kauai. The beach is known for its clear waters and colorful marine life and even reef sharks.
- Poipu Beach: Located on the South Shore, Poipu Beach is another popular spot for snorkeling on Kauai. Easy parking and access with excellent visibility.
- Na Pali Coast: Napali offers some of the most pristine snorkeling conditions in Hawaii. While a boat is required to reach Napali's reefs, an adventure down the rugged coast is an adventure of a lifetime.
- Ke'e Beach: Ke'e is located at the end of the road and is the entrance to Na Pali Coast. The beach is surrounded by a coral reef which is easily reached from shore. A permit is required for parking and can sell out days in advance.
- Kipu Kai: Accessible only by boat to the public, this beautiful and secluded coastline offers clear waters and diverse marine life.
- Anini Beach: Anini Beach is located on the North Shore and is known for its calm waters protected by the largest reef in Hawaii. Known as a great spot for beginners, just don't venture too far out.